1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multiple Problems

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by WillWonk2, Feb 9, 2007.

1. WillWonk2

WillWonk2 Member

I have had multiple discs give me the 'cyclical redudancy error' while I tried to burn them and in the past I just avoided making a backup. I decided to try and get around this problem and discovered this forum. I have searched many threads and have got through a few problems. Here is where I am at.

I have downloaded and installed the newest versions of DVD Shrink and DVD Decryptor. I am running XP with more than enough space on my hard drive (56 GB+). I am trying to burn Lost Season 2 Disc 1 and while Decryptor fixed a few problems for me once I send it to DVD Shrink for encoding, at 28% (I believe right after the first episode is done being decrypted) it just stops going with no error message or anything. I am trying to save it as an ISO image and then burn it with decryptor.

2. cartjunky

cartjunky Member

3. WillWonk2

WillWonk2 Member

I downloaded dvdfab and ran it with the disc. I am having trouble locating the files to load into shrink. I looked in the load files area of shrink with no luck.

4. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

WillWonk2,
    The files are usually in My Documents\DVDFAB and you might try looking there. The easiest way is to make a folder on the Desktop and call it Ripped Movies. Then open DVDFAB and under Target make sure it points to the folder on the Desktop called Ripped Movies. Now you can easily find the ripped files to point Shrink to.

You can also do a search for .vob files and that should turn up the movie files on the C:Drive.

5. WillWonk2

WillWonk2 Member

Thanks cartjunky for pointing me in the right direction. Car.Mike you are correct. They were definitely in there. The problem I had was I installed so many programs today and ran so many dead end tests that I had an overload of files that needed to get junked. Everything worked out really well and I am going to take your advise on putting a folder on my desktop for easy access. That is similar to what I did when I used to just run Shrink.

Thanks again for everyone's help.

6. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

DVD Decrypter isn't dead. It's alive and well working with the RipIt4Me macro. http://www.ripit4me.org/guide.html RI4M has been doing the titles that have been sticking DVDFab Decrypter and AnyDVD. Until DVDIdle and Slysoft catch up, I'm sticking with the RI4M. It rips, cleans and processes for compliance all with the 1-Click mode. I can do the backups with other software, but it takes more work.