1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

multiple video_ts folders on same dvd

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by shark29er, Nov 26, 2004.

1. shark29er

shark29er Member

I am trying to back up some dvd tv shows. After I use MTR and dvd2one the files come up to about 2.1 g. So I was thinking about trying to squeeze 2 folders onto one dvd.

Is there something I should do ahead of time? do I need to rename something? Is this just dumb and do I need to get off my wallet and just use 1 dvd per dvd?

thanks

CB

2. mediaguru

mediaguru Regular member

You can't have multipe VIDEO_TS folders.

You CAN use dvd2oneX in JOIN mode to combine the two programs and burn one dvd out if them.

MG

3. shark29er

shark29er Member

Thanks. I found the earlier post after doing a little more research. I appreciate your time to answer though. I tried the join mode, but the problem I found was that I couldn't find and keep the menus and such so that when the disc was found it would just play sequentially, and if you stopped the disc you couldn't resume or go back to where you were, you had to start at the beginning and fast forward and it seemed to stop randomly while you were FFing and it just wasn't worth it. I have to figure this is an issue with the dvd2onex, and my not knowing how to set it up correctly. I am currently setting compressing the files using the full disc mode. Hopefully that will work great!
    thanks again for you help.

CB

4. mediaguru

mediaguru Regular member

Yes you will lose the menu options. Only way to do a menu that will access both programs is to re-"author" it (dvd studio pro or something like that).

If you still want to joing them try the "advanced navigation" feature. That may help with your scanning/tracking issues.

MG