1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multiple Xvid's onto single DVD?

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by VHDEL, Feb 7, 2005.

1. VHDEL

VHDEL Member

How do I burn 6 8 or even 10 TV episodes onto a single DVD. Each xvid episode is approx 350MB 42min 1000kbs 608x336 or 624x336. I am using Mainconcept & DVDLab.
    If I encode to DVD format using the same video bitrate the image becomes to pixelated. Even encoding at 3000bps, slow moving scenes are ok but fast are still pixelated. So I,ve had to resort to 6000bps which blows each episode out from 350MB xvid to a 2gig DVD
    allowing just two episodes per DVD, but quality is good
    Is it posible to acheive the same quality encoding from xvid to dvd keeping the file size similar(350MB).
    I have also tried encoding the xvid to 650MB VCD but the quality is still no where near as good as the origional xvid. I have no problems having to use extra DVD's, but it would be more practicle to fit more episodes onto one DVD.
    Any help regarding this problem would be appreciated.

Del

2. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

If you want them the same size. Leave them as is and get an AVI/XviD player. Converting them to MPEG2, you are not going to get the same quality at the same size.
    1) You are probably upsizing to a higher resolution, which means more pixels.
    2) You are re-encoding, which means encoding old artifacts whilst trying not to introduce new ones, so once again higher bitrate.
    3) MPEG2 is simply not as efficent as ASP MPEG4.

3. VHDEL

VHDEL Member

Thank you Celti_d for your reply.
    So I guess the conclusion is, I need a compatible AVI/DIVX DVD player to fit multiple Xvid's onto a single DVD. I forgot to mention that as much as I enjoy watching episodes before there aired, I also like to share them with my family & relatives neither of which have AVI/DIVX players.
    So I guess I'll just have to resort to higher bitrate encodings for now.
    Thank you once again for your reply.

Del

4. shiroh

shiroh Guest

5. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member