1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

multiply avi to dvdr

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by someboy, Aug 26, 2004.

1. someboy

someboy Member

hey, im backing up some of my avi's to dvd, and in some situations id like 2 different films, or my film is in 2 halves.

so how do i go about putting them on the same dvdr, is it as simple as renaming the vobs so they dont conflict?

i know about merging avi's but the framerates differ so this is a no go.

i dont need to know about menus either, just want them on the same disk

ta.

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

You might try this, just process both films like you were going to burn them to seperate discs. Instead of burning to a DVD, burn to your hard drive. You should end up with two folders.

Open DVD Shrink -> Re-author. Browse for the first folder and put it in the compilation window, do the same for the second folder.

Back this compilation up to a folder and now your movies are combined into one, any compression that was needed was done as well. Now you can burn this folder with whatever you use.

I don't know if the different frame rates will make a difference. Just make sure the output from your converter is the same for both.

If Shrink won't back the compilation up then you probably won't be able to combine them.