1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multisession to Non-Multisession in Nero 6

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Pariah, Sep 13, 2003.

1. Pariah

Pariah Regular member

Ok, I'm still trying to figure out why my Verbatim +RW disk plays on other players, while my Philips +RW disk only plays on my Apex and no other players. I don't think it can be the media, can it? I got to wondering if maybe I accidently burned the Philips as multisession in Nero. I burned the Verbatim while I was still test-driving Nero. After I bought a key for Nero, I bought the Philips. I've been entering Nero via the desktop icon, and it never gives me an option between multisession or otherwise. When I enter via my windows programs directory, I only get the choice between single and multisession if I select it before I select DVD Video. If I may have inadvertantly recorded as multisession, how do I close out the DVD (finalize) at this point. I am using Nero 6, and the program has no instructions or help function that allows me to find this answer. Do I have to erase the DVD and re-burn or can I simply finalize the current DVD movie?

2. Discmania

Discmania Active member

You may find that the Phillips disc is not of very good quality. In any case the problem lies with the disc/player compatibility and not with nero. The answer to your initial question is therefore 'yes' it can be the media.

3. Pariah

Pariah Regular member

What is a quality brand of DVD+R?

4. Discmania

Discmania Active member

For +RW I'd stick with the Verbatim. Their +R's are probably good too, also Arista are good cheapies.