1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MultiSession with Nero 7

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by dataport, Apr 3, 2007.

1. dataport

dataport Member

I can't get a multisession to work with Nero 7 Premium - using Make Data DVD (I have a new Philips 5140 that plays DivX - $45/Wal-Mart).

Nero 7 doesn't have the Burning ROM where all of the configurations were for multisession.

Even tho I check "Allow Files to be added Later (Multisession)", when I go to add the second movie on, it acts like the disk is finalized and I 'lose' (can't get to) the first movie burned.

Anyone run into this? At least the Burning ROM had a variety of options regarding multisession to set it up.

2. zapatero

zapatero Member

Use Nero Burning ROM, not Nero Express, to have access to all the multisession options. I have burned several multisession DVDs without problems, using Nero 7.5.9.0 and DVD+R discs.

3. dataport

dataport Member

Now I'm really confused. I went to the Afterdawn D/L section and downloaded Nero Burning ROM - but all it did was reinstall my Nero 7.8.5.0 with Express Essentials. There's no Burning ROM there anywhere, nor as a separate program. So...where do I get the ROM to use the multisession configurations?

4. zapatero

zapatero Member

I donĀ“t know about Nero Essentials, but if your version opens with a "Nero Express" window, open the left panel (click on the arrow), then Switch to Nero Burning ROM. I also checked multisession with Nero Express, and it works well, although there are less options that in NBR. Nero Express is a simplified interface to NBR.

5. dataport

dataport Member

Looks like Nero screwed a good thing up. Their latest version (7 Premium 7.8.5.0) scrapped the Burning ROM and other features that had been included in 7.5.9.0 under Express. I thought I could d/l just the Burning ROM at this site as a separate program, but all it does is reinstall my 7.8.5.0.

Have tried to add new files to a DVD+R - checking and unchecking the multisession box - and everytime I add a new file, it "hides" the previoius files burned on it. I'll try contacting their excellent customer service group and wait the obligatory 3 months.