1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Music and my XBox...

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Harleqin, Aug 7, 2003.

1. Harleqin

Harleqin Guest

Hi

Just wanted to ask, if i burn mp3's onto a dvd and then put it in my dvd of my xbox, can i listen to the music on it while im playing a game on my HDD?

Someone told me that there is a special way to burn them on the DVD to be able to recognise the files...

Im clueless...
    All help much appreciated :)

Harleqin

2. Jark

Jark Member

Hi,

I have burned mp3 files to a CD-RW disk and they were recognized by my XBOX. Nero and most programs I suppose automatically change them to regular audio files.

Not sure about burning them to DVD.

I know the XBOX usually won't recognize a CD-R disk.

And by the way, do not format the CD-RW before burning. Somehow this screws things up. Good luck.

3. Netscanur

Netscanur Member

Hey, I did this a while back for Shaun Murray's Wakeboarding Unleashed. I actually copied the mp3's to my HDD to listen to. The Xbox actually uses .wma files (being microsoft and all), so I had to use a convertor to make them .wma. I then used a program called Xbox Soundtrack Editor, which you can find if you look on google or some other search engine,to transfer the music over to the HDD. On actually playing music off a dvd during a game, I'd say no, but it might be possible. I was under the impression it has to be played off the HDD. Well, good luck in your endeavor._X_X_X_X_X_[small]To download:
    1) Connect to IRC using a program called MIRC (from download.com)
    2) Connect to an EFNET server
    3) Go to channel #xbins
    4) Follow the instructions
    5) Download what you need from the FTP site

xIso == bad, use Craxtion with GDFImage[/small]

Last edited: Aug 7, 2003
  4. Harleqin

Harleqin Guest

Thanks guys!

I will try that out and see how it goes...

Is there a way to put the .wma files on a DVD
    and then install them onto my Xbox HDD from the disk (so i dont have to ftp them on) ?

Harleqin