1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Music backup onto data DVDs problem

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by mrminus, Jan 11, 2005.

1. mrminus

mrminus Member

I have over 2000s mp3s that i want to backup as they have taken countless hours to rip from cds. The last time i did this i used iTunes and the DVD data burning mode, so i fit a good 700 songs a disc, which is really nice, however, i was wondering if there was a different approach to burning them onto DVD (different software) that would work better. Right now the problem is when you burn it and for example open the dvd drive when its inserted you just see a list with the 700 song names and 000 through XXX in front of the song name.

I dont think the id3 tags are gone completely, when you scroll over it, info like artist, album title, song #, year, duration, type, bitrate, and size show up, but the name is not clean (as in 01 through XX) for the song # on each individual album.

Does this problem make any sense? has anyone found any better approaches or solutions?

Thanks

Daniel

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

I simply burn them as data using Nero and I fit a lot more than 700 on a DVD. Works perfect so far I can even play them in my Stand alone player