1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Music DVD??

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by realfreak, Aug 31, 2004.

1. realfreak

realfreak Guest

I have a real dumb question. I recently acquired a SONY DVD+-RW, DVD+R, DVD-R external burner for my laptop. It is connected with a USB cable at 480 kbps.
    Can I make a music DVD that I could play on a Panasonic DVD/CD player that I have hooked up as an auiliary device to my Bose sound system? The Panasonic book says it is compatible with DVD-RAM, DVD-Audio, DVD-Video, DVD-R, SVCD, Video CD, CD and CD-R/RW with the last item being able to play wma, mp3 and jpeg. It would be really great to have 3-4 gigabytes of music to play. Never have to get out of my easy chair all day to change the music!

Thanks for the help, somebody.

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi realfreak, Iffin I were you, I'd have a cooler of beer there so I wouldn't have to go to the fridge.

Burning a jpg won't help (that's a picture file) BUT why not burn Mp3 music files on a DVD and be sitting pretty with 4+ Gigs of music playing on your Bose system.

Pete

3. realfreak

realfreak Guest

I don't know how to burn mp3 files on a DVD. I have Sonic Record Now, Windows Media Player, MusicMatch Jukebox Burner Plus and Roxio CD Creator which came with my machine. Would any of these put mp3 files on a DVD that I could play in the Panasonic? When I try to do this with Record Now it forces me to make a data disk. That music will play on my computer but not on the Panasonic feeding the Bose. I am really a newbie in this area. Thank you for any help you can give me.

4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

So sorry, I thought that was what you were doing, playing a music DVD on your PC into your Bose system -

Iffin you want to burn stuff to go into a CD player, I'd go with the CD route, it's still allot of music BUT perhaps you weren't around when 33 1/3 was the way to go (Lol) :)

Cheers, catfreak, Burn on Buddy :)

BTW, If I were you, I'd go into msconfig and shut down my Roxio stuff. I may give you trouble when you're working with DVD burns

5. realfreak

realfreak Guest

I already learned about Roxio. I did uninstall it because it just gets into all kinds of programs and interferes. I copied some mp3 files to a DVD-R last night and it will play on my computer but not on the Panasonic DVD/CD player with the Bose. After searching around on the Internet I've discovered that DVD-Audio stuff only comes from commercial suppliers-no software or media out there to really do it. Seems like it might be Matsushia's sandbox and nobody else wants to play, yet.

Thanks for your help.