1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Music DVD's

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by zach54, Nov 9, 2007.

1. zach54

zach54 Member

Hi Guys,
    Im having lots of trouble backing up music DVD's. Travis - The Singles collection and Joe Strummer DVD. Ive ran them both through DVD Shrink and both say they are too large to fit onto one disc?! Is there a way round this? A different programme to use? Its all very annoying. Or do you simply just have to put "main movie" on one disc and extra's on another?
    Thanks in advance for any help.

Zach54

2. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Regular member

Last edited: Nov 9, 2007
  3. zach54

zach54 Member

Thanks for your help Zoso. My DVD shrink settings are correct but alas even when I use Re-Author I cant get the two titles on Joe Strummer DVD to fit onto my DVD-R grrrrrr.
    I appreciate the help and links tho. Thank you.

Zach54

4. zach54

zach54 Member

Ohhhhhhhhh seems like I have cracked it! Thank you Zoso.

5. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Regular member

great glad you got it

BTW what were you doing wrong?

6. zach54

zach54 Member

Hi Zoso,
    Well everytime Ive used DVDShrink Ive always been able to back up the whole disc,just drop foreign languages or anything else from the disc that I didnt want. But the music ones were difficult as they only carried one audio track.
    So I did as you suggested by selecting just the main movie....only on the Joe Strummer DVD I did there were two main movies of 90 mins in length! So I wanted both to fit onto one disc. So the second I selected the two titles DVDShrink said that I had passed my limit. What I had done wrong was that I hadnt dropped an audio source from title two ( which when selected seperately had three audio channels to pick from ). So once I did that,the two main movies were able to fit onto one disc!
    Hope all that makes sense,Zoso. Thanks again for all your help.

Zach54

7. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Regular member

ok great

alot of times when I'm doing concert/music dvds i use a DVD-9- DVD+R DL blank so theres no compression if its below 70%