1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

music to a dvd+rw?

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by fishbulb, Apr 4, 2005.

1. fishbulb

fishbulb Regular member

i know this may sound like a dumb question but here goes--is it possible to some way burn music to a DVD+RW disc and have it play in a regular cd player, such as the cd player in my vehicle?

2. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

CD players - standalone or PC - cannot play DVDs. Also you could play mp3s saved on CDs on some car players with an adapter. And a DVD full of mp3s won't play on your DVD player either, but a CD-R full of mp3s will. I wonder if they will ever find a way around this, because I could have an entire CD collection on just a few DVD blanks.

3. fishbulb

fishbulb Regular member

exactly! that would be so awesome! but i'll worry about that when/if it ever happens. i figure it will some day.

4. dumbfuker

dumbfuker Member

[bold]
    [/bold]

Dogbomb,

For what it's worth, I have a Philips DVP642 stand alone DVD player and it plays MP3s on a DVD with no problem. I currently have a DVD with about 980 tunes on it playing as I type this.

Regards,

DF

5. fishbulb

fishbulb Regular member

i have a bunch of songs saved on my hd ready to be burned but i think they are in wma format since i ripped them from cd's using wmp10. so is there a way to burn songs from a cd to a dvd+rw disc? that's what i'm trying to do. i don't bother w/ downloading songs (mp3's). thanx.

6. dumbfuker

dumbfuker Member

Fish, I'm afraid I don't have any expeience with WMA files. I don't download songs either, by the way. I rip my own CDs to MP3s and then burn to whatever media I need.....CD's for the car and DVDs for the home player. I use freeware called CD Copy to do the ripping and it works great.

DF

7. fishbulb

fishbulb Regular member

thanx df. i'll have to give cd copy a try.
    btw, what program do u use to burn the mp3's to dvd? and do u use dvd+rw's?

Last edited: Apr 8, 2005
  8. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

hey dumbfuker - no offense ;)
    that's pretty awesome. i didn't know there were any standalone DVD players that could play mp3s. I figure if it just reads the DVD as a data DVD, it should have no problems just like some players can read JPEGs. Now that I know it exists, I'll look for that feature when I upgrade players.

9. dumbfuker

dumbfuker Member

I've used Roxio and Nero, depending on whether I'm at work or at home. Both work fine in my experience. I've never messed with RW, so I can't really comment. I usually use -R, but have used +R with no problems.

DF