1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MX PRO causing tv to turn off

Discussion in 'Android TV boxes (Kodi, XBMC, etc)' started by sylar101, Nov 24, 2016.

1. sylar101

sylar101 Member

hi

i got a android box today ( mx pro) and when i connect it to my samsung tv (smart) it causes my tv to switch off and on randomly. also when i keep it connected the picture quality on my tv is very poor ( connected to sky box). any ideas what im doing wrong or missing?

2. sylar101

sylar101 Member

anyone??

3. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

Sylar101 do you have your box setup on a different hdmi numbers . as in your TV picture hdmi 1 and your box setup on a different hdmi source as in hdmi 2 , if it's set up that way should get no tv picture interfairence by swithing from one to the other ....

4. sylar101

sylar101 Member

hi

i got 4 hdmis 1 is stb which i got my sky connected to 2 is arc which i leave empty 3rd is hdmi which my ps4 is connected to and 4th is dvi. i used to take the ps4 hdmi out n use it to connect my box but it was switching off. i even tried taking out the stb hdmi to and leave only the anroid box plugged in but it still kept turning off.

i tried the box on 2 different tvs, both which are rather old and non smart and it worked fine. any suggestions?

5. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

Sylar101 you say you have 4 hdmi slots , leave your sky in hdmi 1 , put your box hdmi cable in hdmi 2 or hdmi 3 unplug your ps4 for the moment and just leave sky and andriod box plugged in and see how that works , a mate of mine has a Samsung tv and the box work fine , he can switch from box to tv no prob , ?.......

6. sylar101

sylar101 Member

i did try it with sky in hdmi1 and box in 3 with the other 2 empty but it still happened although not as frequent. i think the problem mayb be to do with the remote, as soon as my box is connected the tv doesnt respond to well to the remote (original samsung one and the sky one) i will try again tho and get back to you,

7. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

Ya mate need to work the problem , with your sky in hdmi 1 and box in hdmi 2 , should then be able to switch with the source button on your samsung tv remote from one to the other , also the remotes with the mxq are not the best , but you should still be able to navigate around kodi ok , also make sure the cables are OK as in good connection , .........