1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MXL2 Problem

Discussion in 'PS2' started by stattousm, Mar 15, 2004.

1. stattousm

stattousm Member

Hi, been a while since I've posted here.

Anyway, I just bought a premodded PS2 with a MXL2 chip. According to the supplied instructions all I have to do to boot my backups/imports is to boot up like a normal game. However every DVD-R or CD-R goes to the red screen of death. I know these backups work as I used them in my previous PS2 which was fitted with a no-solder mod.

The thing is that I can get my PSOne backups working using the method detailed in the instructions.

Anybody have experience with this chip? Could it be a bad chip? A bad install? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. martynste

martynste Regular member

Hello stattousm,

Glad to meet someone who's finally got a mxl2 chip. I had the chip fitted to my v4 ps2 about 4 months ago.It's never let me down. You just put in your dvd-r backups and off you go. It sounds like whoever installed the chip didn't do a very good job.
    I had the chip fitted by a bloke at work, very clued up in electronics. I think he said for ps1 backups just hold the reset button for 3 seconds, after inserting the disc. The same for backup and original dvds.
    Sorry to hear about your problem but it sounds like someone fitted the chip wrong.
    Hope this helps.

3. safc_66

safc_66 Regular member

Got the same chip in a v7 ps2, no problems whatsoever. Direct boot of ps2 backups & cd-r rips. Ps1 originals, ps1 backups, dvd originals & dvd backups require the reset button to be held in for 4 seconds, as Mart says. It does indeed sound like a duff chip / install, good luck in getting it sorted.

Dene