1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my 1.50 firmware version wont play games i downloaded from

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by akeem399, Apr 6, 2007.

1. akeem399

akeem399 Guest

i took up to 12 hours learning how to downgrade to 1.5 finally i did and i still can't play ripped umd or is it that i need other stuffs or it can't play riped umd pls tell me what i need to do. am frustrated with the psp's attitude or do i need to download other file format may be iso or rar pls help me

2. simpsim1

simpsim1 Regular member

Shouldn't be downloading obviously pirated games in the first place LOL.

3. akeem399

akeem399 Guest

they are not pirated they were ripd from another psp so pls do i upgrade to 3.03 oe or what do i do and i don't have a umd.

4. simpsim1

simpsim1 Regular member

OK, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Yes you would be better off upgrading to one of the OE custom firmwares. I'm currently on 3.10oe but there should hopefully be a 3.30 version in the pipeline.

To use the ISOs, you need a folder in the root of the memory stick called ISO. To use without a UMD, you also need to enable "No UMD" in the recovery menu (Hold the right shoulder button whilst powering on).

5. akeem399

akeem399 Guest

pls how do i upgrade to the custom firmwares and pls does 1.5 has a recovery mode pls cause i tried and the press r button while switching on didn't work

6. simpsim1

simpsim1 Regular member

no 1.50 doesn't have recovery mode, only custom firmware does. If you download 3.10 OE A from PSP-Hacks, and look in the README file, that'll tell you what to do. It's a bit too much to explain in one go on this forum. Have a look and come back if you get any problems.

7. akeem399

akeem399 Guest

i downloaded a rar file pls how do i extract do i need a program to do so and pls what program. the rar file is from the address u gave me thanx

8. smlvfx

smlvfx Regular member

Last edited: Apr 7, 2007
  9. akeem399

akeem399 Guest

i have upgraded to 3.02 oe-a now i want to update to b version but pls howc do i go about it

10. guano

guano Regular member

Forget Revision B. Go straight for OE-C. You can make things easier on yourself.

11. simpsim1

simpsim1 Regular member

3.02oe????