1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My AVI file will not fit to disc using Roxio

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by easybut, Jan 7, 2007.

1. easybut

easybut Member

I am not sure if I am in the right room but there are so many lol. Anyway, I have stumbled across an AVI file 778MB that I want to convert to DVD and when I load the file to "fit to disc" it goes well into the red. I have never had this problem before. How can I rectify this? Any ideas?

2. zeiram

zeiram Guest

convert your avi 1st to mpeg2 using convert x and then see if roxio will allow you to burn it.You should have a file rougly around 2.2 gig in size.There is ample room on a 4.38 gig dvd disc to fit

zei

3. zeiram

zeiram Guest

sorry slow server

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2007
  4. easybut

easybut Member

I actually managed to resolve it through using DVD shrink by clicking analyse and then back up but thanks for your help anyway :)

5. easybut

easybut Member

The problem that I am really struggling with now is getting avi xvid files to join so I can encode and author them on a dvd. I just get error messages using virtualdub cannot append due to diffent data formats. The finy thing is, is that they are identical in values except of course the data rate. If u can help or know of anyone that can it would sure be appreciated. P.s. The word VOB pops up in a sentence of some sort when I add the first one, just in case it means something to you.

6. mistycat

mistycat Active member

7. magus7091

magus7091 Regular member

Try an AVI encoder to encode all the video to the same format, STOIK Video Converter is the one I use, not feature full, but gets the job done, and with the right codecs installed and right options selected, you can keep the original quality (though sometimes get a larger file).