1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Azureus Doesn't Work?

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by Known, Jul 18, 2007.

1. Known

Known Member

I Installed the lastest Java Enviroment thing and none of the feautres work and the torrents won't start what is the problem?

Do I have to have something else installed shouldI have installed the Environment thing before the Azureus program?

Do I need something else?

or do I get another torrent client?

2. Known

Known Member

And plus when I start to re install it again it says it can't create these files the end with .jar? I know Jar means JAva Archive but why won't it create the files I just installed that Java Environment Update 12?

also when I do install it it always say something in those messages about cannot connect to server?

and when I request a test it says it aborted the test for some reason?

And it does not do anything I know I did something but I don't know or understand what is?

Last edited: Jul 18, 2007
  3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum

4. jeffw224

jeffw224 Regular member

The latest is Java Runtime Environment (JRE)6 Update 2. You could go here and they will verify and install the latest version if necessary. It is not the reason for your problems, but you should have the latest Java to run Azureus.

http://java.com/en/download/installed.jsp

What version of Azureus are you running and are you running windows xp or what?

The "cannot connect to server" is probably the response to Azureus' look for updates. There can be several reasons for this.

Did you set an exception in your firewall?
    Do you have a router? If so, Did you forward your ports?
    Do you have a proxy?

5. Known

Known Member

Windows xp

Do you have a proxy? What Proxy?
    What exception Am I suppose to do?
    The Router question I don't understand so I don't think it has anything to do with that?

I'm running Comodo Firewall Pro and I put it on allow all when I do stuff like this so it bother with the questions on what I should allow the I switch it back to custom.

6. jeffw224

jeffw224 Regular member

Exception in the firewall means that the firewall will make an exception for Azureus and allow inbound and outbound connections from Azureus. This way you can have firewall protection active elsewhere. Since you have your firewall down anyways, that is not the issue causing your problem.

I would suggest trying uTorrent as it is an easier client to setup. It also has the advantage of using much less system resources.

They have a good guide here at AfterDawn, that has nice screen shots to help,and that has a link to a download of uTorrent.

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/utorrent_guide.cfm

See if you can get it going with that.

7. Known

Known Member

But when i use any torrent client nothing happens no torrents start and it just stays at zero percent forever without moving an inch so I know something must be wrong with how the connect to stuff?

8. jeffw224

jeffw224 Regular member

Actually that was why I suggested using another client. to see if you were having connection problem.

There is nothing I can see that could be blocking your connection as you do not have firewall running, you do not have a router and you do not have a proxy.

All I can suggest is to go through the AfterDawn uTorrent guide to make sure you are properly installing and setting up your port.

Maybe someone else can see what could be blocking you.

9. Known

Known Member

A warning just popped up saying listen server socket on the joint[/0.0.0.0:48769] I just forwarded does not appear to be accepting inbound connections
    then it says
    [connection refused: connect]
    auto repair listen service

It doesn't Seem that Any of the torrent clients seem to not be connected to the internet connection cause it always says page cannot be display and so?

Last edited: Jul 18, 2007