1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My backed up DVDs wont play on xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by choochy13, Sep 24, 2004.

1. choochy13

choochy13 Guest

using dvd decryter and dvd shrink , also tried smart ripper , burning slower , but movie back ups just wont play and the xbox , ps2 fine and my dvd player fine as well .ant suggestions would be great ,cheers

2. mr_modder

mr_modder Member

Depending on what version of Xbox you have (1.4 and above's from my experience) can be picky on what they will and will not play. You need to find a brand of DVD media that your particular Xbox likes. I have found that Ritek or Ridata brand disc work well in most cases. I forget how many different brands of DVD players are in the various versions of Xbox's. I know that there is a Thompson drive and a Samsung drive (usually in the newer boxes). I have four boxes, but my very first Xbox (version 1.0) gives me the least trouble with various brands of media.
    To make a long story short - if you are burning the DVD's properly (test them on another machine) switch your brand until you find one that works!