1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my backup dvd's wont play in my dvd players

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Fanny_Fan, Jan 11, 2005.

1. Fanny_Fan

Fanny_Fan Member

I have a samsung TS-H552B burner which I can burn dvd's on that will play on my PC but not on my stand alone dvd players Pioneer & LG. I use TDK dvd-r discs. I have previously been able to play tdk back-ups on both these players but not the ones I burn myself. I have DVDxcopy Nero & dvd dycrypter and all appear to be working well. I also downloaded dvdinfopro and tested my dvd's and the discs come up with no errors. This has been very frustrating and i have tossed many discs. can someone please help. (I have also updated my firmware and made sure I had nothing else running through my burn and my aspi have been checked and are correct.

Pleeeeeeeeease Hellllllllpppp!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. biglog9

biglog9 Member

3. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Here's a few things to check. Burn speed shouldn't be over 4x so see what speed you are burning at. DVD X Copy has conflict problems with other software. You can check on the X Copy forum for possible problems with other software. One thing you didn't mention was if you tried doing a backup with DVDShrink. I would try that too. Use only grade A blank media. Just some guesses on things to try.

Jerry

4. Fanny_Fan

Fanny_Fan Member

Hello There,
    Thanks for your prompt reply.
    Firstly my dvd speed is 2x which I thought would be slow enough although I'll try it on 1x and see how I go. I have check the compatibility of these dvd players and they are fine.
    I am having trouble finding reference to program compatibility re dvdxcopy. I have used shrink as well.

any other suggestions???

NB I have used these TDK dvds before burnt on my sisters pc using dvdxcopy on my dvd players without fault.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2005
  5. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

6. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member