1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My backups are starting to skip and stutter when playing FMV, why???

Discussion in 'PS2' started by makkena, Mar 26, 2004.

1. makkena

makkena Member

I wonder if anyone has this problem too? I burned everything alright before, just recently i noticed that most of my backups like, Kessen, Drakengard, and X-files, during the FMV, the video skips and becomes choppy. I am using DVD Decrypter to create the image and Alcohol to burn it, I know it's not my PS2 cause my old backups works fine, do you think it might be my burner being dusty? I have a LITON

2. WEStar

WEStar Active member

are you burning faster than older games? have you changed media?

3. makkena

makkena Member

no, i always burn at 2X, i'm guessing that my burner was exposed to dust when i left the tray open one night. Is that a possibility? How do I fix it? oh and I am using FUJI DVD-R and MEMOREX DVD-R

4. coomer

coomer Guest

this is happening 2 me also i would like 2 know why could it be because of this dust thing?

5. martynste

martynste Regular member

Hello everyone,

Have either of you put labels on your backups.

6. Kravenoff

Kravenoff Member

I have had this problem with some of my newer burns and I never changed media or how I went about burning them. To fix it I went from using DVD+R at 2x, back to DVD-R at 1x. This seems to have fixed the problem as the same backups that were skipping during FMV are not anymore.

7. makkena

makkena Member

really? DVD+R's? i wonder why a burner would do this? anyways, do you just try to backup ps2 games with DVD+R's or do you just burn other contents with them? cause i thought I heard that DVD+R's do not work really well with ps2 games. NO i don't put any labels on them either, everything is the same except that I suspect that dust might have got it. I even bought a lens cleaner disk that have brushes on the bottom, so far still no good, although it did lessen the skipping

8. pas2mania

pas2mania Regular member

It happens every once in a while to me (the video skipping), but I just clean the laser with alcohol and a q-tip and it works fine. They recommend cleaning your laser every month for back-ups. The PS2 laser that is!
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]ps2 version 4
    magic 3.1
    sony vaio 2.0 ghz
    532 ddr ram
    70 gigs
    pioneer dvr 104
    ritek and store media[/small]

Last edited: Mar 30, 2004
  9. makkena

makkena Member

how do you clean the burner laser with alcohol? do you have to open up the dvd burner?

10. pas2mania

pas2mania Regular member

I meant the Ps2 laser.

11. makkena

makkena Member

my ps2 is fine, cause the backup games i burned before all work fine, so it has to be the burner

12. coomer

coomer Guest

i think it probably is the PS2 it happens 2 me a lot on certain games that worked perfect before for me.

13. makkena

makkena Member

I got a new Lite On burner, and it burns fine again. It has to be the previous burner laser.

14. kornacus

kornacus Guest

I have a liteon burner and i get the same problem. Some games work fine and some are choppy. I am gettin so frustrated.

15. makkena

makkena Member

that's why I finally just got a new lite-on burner- the one with the blue box that burns 8X DVD-R, it works fine. and I made sure to change the settings on DVD Decrypter and Alcohol 120 to NOT EJECT the disc after recording, as to prevent dust from going in