1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My backups wont play on any dvd player

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by slamcyl, Dec 28, 2007.

1. slamcyl

slamcyl Member

hi guys, first of all thanks for reading my problem, i used to backup my dvd's by using any dvd (newest version), dvd decrypter and dvd shrink with my old pc, and was able to play my backups on any dvd player....now i just build a new one, here are the specifications:

Windows Vista Ultimate 64 Bit
    EVGA NF68-T1 NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI Motherboard
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz G0 Stepping
    Patriot Extreme Performance 4GB ( 2 x 2GB ) DDR2-800 Mhz
    WD Raptor 150GB 10,000 RPM 16MB Cache SATA Hard Drive (Booting)
    WD Caviar 400GB 7200 RPM SATA Hard Drive (Storage)
    EVGA GeForce 8800GTS 640MB 320-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16
    Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower
    Antec TruePower Quattro 850w

i got 2 pioneer DVD-RW DVR-212D dvd burners, so i made what i was used to do when i was gonna backup a movie, put the original dvd in, then use dvd decrypter on file mode to rip the movie into my HDD and then use dvd shrink to edit the movie and burn it there with nero....everything works fine, i ripped the movie succesfully i also burned the movie succesfully at 4x speed, using the same media i've always used....but when i put the dvd on my dvd player or any dvd player it wont play, theres one dvd player i have
    that when i put the movie in it will transfer me automaticlly to like half the movie and then starts repeating that part of the movie over and over, i tried flashing both drives already to the newest version, changing media and is still the same....i also tried using the other dvd burner and is still the same, i dont know what else to do, help please.

2. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

Hi, if you are using nero 8, that is your problem. Nero 7 was the last stable nero. Being that u r using shrink, output your files as iso, then burn with imgburn. Free from www.imgburn.com
    BTW burn at no more than 1/2 rated speed of disc and use good media as Taiyo Yudens or Verbatims MI Japan

Last edited: Dec 28, 2007
  3. slamcyl

slamcyl Member

thnaks for your quick answer, yeah im using nero 8.1.1.0 but to be honest with you i dont how to output my files as an iso and also i have no idea on how to use imgburn...can u help me a bit on that .. thanks

4. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

5. slamcyl

slamcyl Member

thanks ill take a look on that.....i hope this can solve my problem....can you tell me how did you know i was using nero 8, and why a free program is better than a recognized burning software.....do you think imgburn will solve my problem ?

im reading the links you posted, thanks i appreciate your help

6. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

Aside from the fact that I am clairvoiant, almost every question here at AD on nero burning issues stem from the fact that the user was using nero 8 ( just read the nero threads ). Not much of a lucky guess. This just shows that even a blind monkey can sometimes find a banana.

7. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

Nero is a multi functional ( when u do 2 many things, sometimes some of the things that a prog does is not the best ) prog while imgburn is a more specialized prog. IMHO imgburn is the best dvd ( or iso format ) burning prog around.

8. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

Think so

9. slamcyl

slamcyl Member

oh god what can i say, YOU ARE THE MAN, thank you very much for helping me.....i did the iso image and then burned it with imgburn and it played perfectly....thank you again man....

10. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

i use nero v 8.0.3.0 dvd version, and all is very good, not 1 prob so far, im not updating

i had 2 versions of v7 that sucked...

also the imgburn mentioned is awesome and made by maker of dvd decrypter

11. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

You are welcome.