1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Booktype Does Not Change But Still Burns Ok

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by joy83, Aug 20, 2007.

1. joy83

joy83 Member

So my 360 is modded with the latest ixtreme 1.2c and has a samsung m28 drive and after my backed up my madden 08, i decided to burn the image with my dl dvd burner (not Pioneer). My burner is Samsung SH-182M and I burned the image with Imgburn, now I wanted to change the booktype to DVD-ROM so I went to tools>change booktype and did that and it says success, but in the Imgburn main window on the right it still says the booktype DVD+R DL. I also changed the layer break. So I took the chance and burned it keeping my fingers crossed, but everything seems to work fine as of now. So do i need to worry about it anymore? I mean for backing up other games? or will I get screwed sometime in the future.

BTW I changed the booktype in Nero and it seems to change instantly unlike Imgburn, but I didn't use Nero because I couldn't change the layer break with it.

So what do you guys think?

2. BurningAs

BurningAs Regular member

with my burner the Pioneer 111D, it's like that. in programs it says it's not booketyped to ROM, but the thing does it automatically for all DLs.

so all good.

3. pilferd

pilferd Regular member

im new to this myself and i might be wrong but i dont think ImgBurn will report the disc as a DVD-ROM until it is finished burning it AS A DVD-ROM ...

im about to start burning NASCAR 08 (fucc you, i like all racing games) and i think what your looking at maybe under "Physical Format Information" ... i think that is jus the info for the disc as it is right now (before u burn) ...

when u burn ur game, click verify and check the log ... it should now report the disc as DVD-ROM ... mine always does ...