1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My box is FRAG

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by delphiki, Feb 19, 2005.

1. delphiki

delphiki Guest

i installed my xecuter 3 CE wth the solderless install....i turned it on and it was Frag(flashing red and green). So i immediately checked all of the soldering points...they were great...so i checked the D0 point...it was fine....and then i took out the solderless install and the chip(xcept for the soldered objects.) and it still didn't boot up.....anybody know what the problem is????

2. delphiki

delphiki Guest

i installed my xecuter 3 CE wth the solderless install....i turned it on and it was Frag(flashing red and green). So i immediately checked all of the soldering points...they were great...so i checked the D0 point...it was fine....and then i took out the solderless install and the chip(xcept for the soldered objects.) and it still didn't boot up.....anybody know what the problem is????

3. delphiki

delphiki Guest

4. big_g-man

big_g-man Regular member

maybe you held your soldering iron on there too long. i did that and had to buy a whole new xbox.

5. Macdawgg

Macdawgg Regular member

Well I wouldn't throw your box out just yet-seems like you make have burned one of your traces on the motherboard-if your not an experinced solderer then check out this site-they can repair your box.-http://www.llamma.com/

6. fubby16

fubby16 Member

Llamma has some of the best customer service out there. They will actually trade you a working Xbox for a non-working Xbox for like $100, at least that way you can save $50. While you're at it, have them install the mod chip for another $49. They will flash it with Linux Cromwell and you're off for network flashing. I've done buisiness with them a lot and all of their products are top notch, so don't worry about not getting a good Xbox in return.

7. sjchu

sjchu Regular member

The going rate on ebay right now is around $70 plus shipping for a working xbox motherboard with matching hdd combo. Pick the seller with good rating reputation and you will be fine. eBay sellers are usually very careful to avoid getting negative feedbacks. Stay away from seller with low number in ratings to avoid hit-and-run sellers.

8. fubby16

fubby16 Member

I dunno' man, I've gotten screwed on ebay a lot with Xbox stuff. Plus the only reason everyone gets good feedback there is because if you give bad feedback, you're gonna' get bad feedback. If you get bad feedback you hafta' pay $20 just to have a hope that you'll get it taken off. Llamma sells a Motherboard and matching Hard drive for $70 and you know it's from a reputable place.

9. gsuscrazy

gsuscrazy Regular member

he wouldnt need the matching hdd would he? if he mods his system with a new hdd...?

10. sjchu

sjchu Regular member

With a modchip, no, don't need a matching hdd. But, on ebay, no one can sell a motherboard without a matching hdd and claim that it is in working condition. Without a matching hdd, the motherboard only boots to error screen, so it's technically in a non-working condition.

11. fubby16

fubby16 Member

He could contact Llamma and they would most likely sell him just a motherboard. I dunno' what kind of discount that would leave him at but they run through so many Xboxs they probably have just a motherboard laying around that works.