1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My brand has disappeared

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by kompo, Nov 21, 2004.

1. kompo

kompo Member

Im having some problems tracking down some Verbatim DataLifePlus DVD-R 2x's

Ive had a Lite-On DVDRW LDW-811S drive for about a year now. Those Verbatim disks were the only ones I was able to find that burned really nice for me.

Im a complete novice here but from what I understood my burner, which writes at 4x was too fast and causing the disks to come out bad. The only way for me to slow it down was to buy 2x disks. One thing led to another and I ended up with those Verbatims which worked brilliantly.

Anyways, if anyone could point me in the right direction towards some good 2x disks I would really appreciate it!

2. ERA2000

ERA2000 Regular member

Last edited: Nov 21, 2004
  3. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

Can you set your burner to burn slower through software like Nero? I imagine burning 4X or higher media (which may cost a few cents more) would burn even better at 2X than the 2.4X media you used in the past. Get better quality media and you shouldn't have any problems.

4. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

5. catfreak

catfreak Active member

... I know that if you order the 100pc cakebox with the blue label from NewEgg and you live in the eastern half of the USofA that you'll get RICOHJPNR01 media ... If I"m not mistaken, right now the California warehouse is shippinr RITEKR03 media ... Both are excellent media, however, the RICOHJPN is a tick better ... You can always go to BestBuy and get the Verbatim MovieReel (id code MCC) discs for $10.99/25 thru at least 11-27 ... also some BestBuy stores still have the TY produced Fuji media which is first rate stuff also ...