1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My bricked PSP can't even get to recovery -- any way to save it?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by PunkRamp, Mar 6, 2007.

1. PunkRamp

PunkRamp Member

I was running 3.03 OE-C and had a custom wave, topmenu, the whole shabang.

It bricked when I selected USB connection (which I've been doing a lot lately, not sure why this time was different) and the screen went black. I didn't worry because I had messed up the flash0 a couple times already and it was easily fixed by using Recovery mode.

I shut it down completely (holding up the switch until the thing turns off) and turned it back on... to another black screen.

So basically I can't get to Recovery, which I guess means my PSP is fully bricked?

Now I'm an optimist so I'm hoping there's still a way to save my PSP. I'm praying there's something I can do. Again, I tried several times to shut it down completely and access Recovery by booting with the R button held down. It doesn't work.

Any help is appreciated, I just don't want to see comments like "haha ur fucked" because it's neither helpful nor comforting. Thanks.

2. PunkRamp

PunkRamp Member

UPDATE: I just found out that I CAN get to Recovery, it's just that the screen is black so I'm basically working blind. I know this because I tried to access Recovery and at the black screen I simply pressed X, so I would be selecting the Toggle USB. And - wow - my computer just recognized it.

I turned USB off and pressed DOWN, DOWN, X so that I could start the recovery program I still have saved on my memory stick. Problem is I don't remember if there are still menus I have to navigate blindly.

I turned it off and restarted Recovery. Using my friend's PSP as a "map" I managed to navigate to activating flash0 on my PSP. I replaced the entire flash0 with the backup stored on my computer, and restarted.

Still the same black screen.

Any ideas?

3. staxx

staxx Regular member

Last edited: Mar 6, 2007
  4. PunkRamp

PunkRamp Member

No, I had just selected the regular USB connection from the main menu. Which is why I don't understand what could have gone wrong.

Alright thanks, I'll try that program and see if it works.