1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My bricked PSP...

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by nick4886, Dec 16, 2007.

1. nick4886

nick4886 Member

I made Pandora's battery and the magic memory stick from the total newbie easy installer Pandora menu and it still doesn't unbrick. It turns on automatically and the memory stick led glows and so does the wifi for 1 second, then I press x and the memory led glows for a second and thats it, any ideas, I have a psp slim.

2. wichozzz

wichozzz Regular member

3. nick4886

nick4886 Member

I did the exact thing. It's a full brick I can't even get into recovery mode.

4. LeadBaron

LeadBaron Regular member

Regular Pandora doesn't work in the Slim, you need one specially for it, ie. Despertar del Cementerio.

5. nick4886

nick4886 Member

I have that in my game section but I can't access it unless I put my memory stick in my friends PSP, do you know how I can fix this?

6. wichozzz

wichozzz Regular member

ok try to install total newbie easy installer on
    psp friend to create magic mem again , because u got the batt already
    try to select
    option 4.- Universal Unbricker (Universal Unbricker for Fat and Slim)
    it's also an 3.71 m33 CFW installer!
    ok go for it
    hope this help

Last edited: Dec 17, 2007
  7. wildergaz

wildergaz Member

I have a problem :(
    Heres the story: I tried creating a pandora battery on my psp (firmware 3.71 m33, not slim.) Everything was successful but when I turned on my psp into recovery mode holding R while it started up, it displayed a black screen with just the power switch on and when there is a memory stick inside the Wlan switch shines orange and green. When i play the psp without the battery with just the charger it works but when i play with battery it displays a black screen. Does anyone have any ideas about what went wrong?

8. pwr0n

pwr0n Regular member

your battery went wrong.

sounds like it's still a pandora.

9. wildergaz

wildergaz Member

Im sorry i dont follow? What do you mean by "its still a pandora"? Does that mean its the battery problem and if i guy a new battery my psp will work fine?

10. 404errord

404errord Member

Yeah get a new battery or start your PSP without the battery (have the AC adapter plugged in, it will start like that). Your PSP shouldn't be 100% bricked if you take the battery out, but all you can do with it is sit by a power socket and play UMDs.

11. wasted420

wasted420 Regular member

he means you need to convert your pandoras battery back to a psp battery one of the steps in creating your pandoras battery should have been backing up the eprrom and now you need to restore that if you did not bsck it up you can still restore it to a generic one.
    use the pandoard battery tool supplied in the universal unbricker guide in this fouum but instead of converting to service convert to standard psp battery

12. larrylje

larrylje Active member

If you used the easy installer and selected option 4 for universal unbricker and you still get no option screen coming up you might need to do a blind install.

I have read a few members on this forum recently needing to do a blind install plus I have had to do a blind install on 2 PSP Slim's this week. Some Slim's bring up the Option screen perfectly fine where others do not. I have no idea why this is maybe Sony has changed a video driver on the Slim that no longer is comaptible with the Universal Unbricker V3.

It is really simple to do a blind install.

Insert the Magic Memory Stick and then the Pandora Battery. The green power led should come on and the WiFi/Memory Stick leds should blink a few seconds then stop.

Now press X and the WiFi/Memory Stick leds should start blinking. This is the indication that the 3.71 M33-2 is being installed to your PSP Slim. Just let them blink till they stop.

The PSP will either turn off on its own when it is done (the green power led light will go off) or after the WiFi/Memory Stick lights stop blinking and the green led light stays on press X to shut down and the green led light should turn off.

After the green led light goes off replace the Pandora battery with your normal battery and you should be at 3.71 M33-2 on the SLIM PSP.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2007
  13. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

@wildergaz
    Start a new thread - it's get very confusing and forum rules.

14. marol777

marol777 Guest

Need some software for psp

check out this site it has anything you can think of

scam link removed

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2007