1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My burned DVD-R not playing in DVD player

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by DVD_LOVER, Sep 16, 2004.

1. DVD_LOVER

DVD_LOVER Member

I am new to this forum as well as recently started using DVD decryptor and DVD shrink.
    I burned my first DVD (finding nemo) in my DVD-R Disc using both the tools.
    I have DVD burner Nero express got installed with computer which has DVD+-/RW.

My questions are :

1. When I burned DVD (first decrypted and then shriked), I can watch in PC with PowerDVD but not in my DVD player (GE) I am not sure if it can. But since I burned into DVD-R which is universal, I guess I should not have any problem using burned DVD. ????

2. Which mode normally it burned with Shrink?? + or - or depending on the Disk, like I have DVD-R.???

3. What about the mode NTSC or PAL...can it work both way ???or any info about this is welcome.

4. Also burned DVD doesn't run with serval menu option like 'play movie' but it work which 'Chapter by Chapter'. Once I start a chapter next chapter start and then on....

I see tons of stuff which I can read whole day and I feel you guys are great. Thanks

2. Navig8r

Navig8r Regular member

DVD_LOVER welcome

Most likely its the Stand alone DVD player you have try playing it in several different units if possible.

And yes NTSC and PAL does make a difference you need a region free DVD player

3. DVD_LOVER

DVD_LOVER Member

I got reply for question 1 and 3.
    Anyone can care about question 2 and 4??
    Thanks

4. climbamtn

climbamtn Member

dvd shrink does not burn any thing. and it makes no difference which media you use for burning if your burner can do both. i believe -r media is more playable in set top boxes but no medai is guaranteed to work in all set top boxes. it is just a trial and error which will work for all the dvd players your media is expected to perform in.

if you are missing menu items try to shrink the full disc but from the decrypted file on your hard drive. dont unselect any thing and it should all be there.
    good luck.