1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My burned music cds skip...

Discussion in 'Audio' started by shenlong7, Oct 26, 2004.

1. shenlong7

shenlong7 Member

Lately, some audio cds that i've burned start skipping as if they were scratched, usually around the last 5 songs but sometimes it's the whole disc and it won't get recognized by my car's cd player.
    Tried everything I could think of, burned again at a slower speed, updated software, cleaned the lens, etc.

any help appreciated

my pc setup
    p4 3Ghz HT
    512 ddr400
    80GB 7200 rpm
    dvd+/- 8x on master
    dvd+/- 4x on slave(both memorex burners)

2. Biosgain

Biosgain Guest

Can you eliminate your burner from the equation by using another one? Your setup indicates this?
    It could also be faulty media or you car player, try playing on another player.
    Is it only cdr? Or are you getting problems with dvdr?

3. shenlong7

shenlong7 Member

i've used alcohol 120%
    and roxio 7
    and still i get that same skipping sound, only on music cd-r's no probs with dvd-r

i've tried on several players and it skips on the same
    part of the song or several seconds before or after

i put up my setup to see if it would help you or someone determine if it's my setup thats causing the prob.

4. ozzydaman

ozzydaman Guest

try burning it with windows media

5. Biosgain

Biosgain Guest

So it`s the same with both burners?
    Are these the same cdr brand of media you`ve been using for a long time or a different brand?

6. diabolos

diabolos Guest

The problem may also be the new DRM feature that some companies have been putting on new cd's so that they won’t play correctly in pcs. If you’re original cd plays well on your pc the problem is most likely your quality of media. Also make sure never to use printed cd labels (at least while trying to figure out what’s wrong).

If you can't play your bought cds in you pc normally but you can in your stereo or car then it’s because of Microsoft’s DRM crap.