1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My burned PSX game takes up only 3/4 of the screen. Please Help

Discussion in 'PS2' started by psxfff123, May 31, 2007.

1. psxfff123

psxfff123 Member

I downloaded a game last night, .bin and .cue, and I burned it with alcohol 120%. I did this successfully on metal slug x. But this game plays fine and everything, just the screen seems to be shifted down about 1/4 and I'm missing the bottom of the game. What caused this and is there any way I can fix it? Thanks

2. steimy

steimy Active member

how are you loading them? If it is Swap Magic i doubt you can fix it unless you are possibly loading a NTSC game in PAL mode or the reverse. Some better modchips have special settings for PSX games to fix the color and screen like the DMS4 Pro for example.

3. psxfff123

psxfff123 Member

I just pop in a regular psx game (black disc) load it in the browser menu. then slide the tray open with the slide tool. Switch cd's and load the playstation game. This works for 3 games I have, but I got Breath of fire 4 and burned it the same way I did the others, and it plays fine, just the screen position is shifted down. The bottom is cut off and has a black space at the top where the screen should be.

4. tigs07

tigs07 Member

yea this is natural 2 ps2 games i have loads like it but after u play it for a while it doesnt seem 2 bother you but apparently they is awys round it but u have 2 rebuild the file u got back 2 a iso like a rebuild offcourse :) hope this helps