1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MY BURNER only wrights dvd+..is that good

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by calio, May 11, 2007.

1. calio

calio Member

o.k.. i got this newly burned copy of ring round t' rosie a "SONY" since i read "if it cant download a sony,it aint no damn good" but it just not playin' on my home dvd player but still olays on my 'XP' think u know what i done worng.im using -imation-dvd+rw. and i think i used 4x on my burnspeed. thx

2. rulisky

rulisky Regular member

Stand alone players vary on their ability to play burned disks.

Check here:

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers

to see what formats +/- your player is able to handle. Put your name/model number in the search box; ie Toshiba sd2900. Be sure to use media that is compatible with your player.

Not all players can handle RW media. You could choose better quality media than Imation. Try Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim. Booktype + media to dvdrom during the burn IF your burner supports this function.

3. calio

calio Member

thx.my thing is a HP 2 drive w/1 writer.it says somethin' like this p.c w/re writes dvds 2.53 gh 512mb,cd-rom and dvd+rw/ cd-rw drive. i hope this could help on if this is all i need is better blanks. thx

4. rulisky

rulisky Regular member

I'm not real clear on what you just said. What name/model of stand alone dvd player do you have?

5. calio

calio Member

thats my pc. but my player is a apex that i watch all my movies on burned r whatever.so what u think it is? thx. oh i cant speak on the modal but its not that old.is the modal that serious?

6. calio

calio Member

nevermind ..thx .i caught on i checked all my Bn's that i gotten it all says dvd-r.so now im just stuck.i can burn but i just cant see it on my player.so whats good bought me burning.now i got 21 whole days of waste.guess i'll have 2 take it of now.

7. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

Use Verbatim DVDR-16x and burn at 4x speed they will play in most stand alone players