1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My burnt DVD's wont play on my playstion 2??

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Graphix, Dec 23, 2004.

1. Graphix

Graphix Member

This is quite strange cuz I know my Playstation 2 is capable of playing Copy cd's!..

This is my first time burning DVD Movies!.. I did everything I should!.. The burnt dvd's are capable of being played on my PC!.. So the problem lies with my PS 2!..

Did I do something wrong while buring the DVD?..

2. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

PS2 is not much of a reliable DVD player, esp. if you have modified it.

3. heybilly

heybilly Regular member

the ps2 is really bad when it comes to compatibility with dvd media... your best bet is to burn to a +R at the slowest speed possible either 1x-2.4x

4. skiwon

skiwon Guest

you need to burn them to dvd-r, they should work after that,

5. skiwon

skiwon Guest

i have tried cheap dvd-r but they seem to not work aswell as the tdk ones, cheap ones make my playstation click hope this helps

6. Weirdo007

Weirdo007 Regular member

How old is your PS2? The first PS2 I bought would not read burnt dvd media for nothing. CD's were ok but not dvd's. Now after my 1st PS2 crapped out on me (RIP) and I got another one, I haven't had any problems with playing burned dvd's on it. I use FujiFilm -RW's (subsidiary of Verbatim that uses the MCC formula) to burn with. Not the fastest in the world, but the most reliable for me. Just the age of your PS2 is my guess.