1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Computer appears when I boot up

Discussion in 'Windows 10 forum' started by Kafka, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Kafka

Kafka Regular member

When I boot up This PC (My Computer) appears showing the contents of my data drive. How can I stop this? I am not sure which of the startup items is causing this minor but irritating problem. The computer automatically opens My Computer with a list of folders. I have just noticed that when it opens My Computer the folders which appear are in my K drive. The K drive is an external drive onto which I back up my data files. I assume that somewhere in the start up process there is a line which opens My Computer, but I can't find it in the list of start up programs. Attached is a list of my startup programs.

Attached Files:

2. attar

attar Senior member

Disable the enabled startups and reboot.If the problem is gone, note and enable some of the startups and reboot until the problem reappears, then narrow it down to a particular program

3. Kafka

Kafka Regular member

I have managed to solve the problem by following the instructions on another forum. I didn't fancy doing what you suggested as it seems a bit time consuming. Thanks anyway.