1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my computer can't reconize my JVC GR-D350AA

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by broc455, May 1, 2007.

1. broc455

broc455 Regular member

well heres the problem, every time i try and connect my JVC GR-D350AA it wont reconnize it. I bought and firewire to USB cable and it was compatable but it just wont reconize it. I ran a troubleshoot on my XP and then all it says is all the things i've already done.
    I really need help with this can any1 tell if i need to install drivers for it because i've been thinking about tat and i suspect it did come with a disk that had the drivers on it but u don't need to use the disk if u have XP right?

2. TPFKAS

TPFKAS Regular member

Firewire to USB cable? Some time ago I would have said that it is impossible, because the two protocols are completely incompatible. Nevertheless, Pixela has launched one: http://www.pixela.co.jp/en/products/tv_capture/pix_uvcd_u1w/index.html
    I have never tested it myself but others told me that the piece of electronics in the cable is actually a hardware encoder that converts the footage to MPEG (Dunno if it's MPEG-1 or MPEG-2). The website of Pixela dos not shed any light on that. Anyway, you probably need the Pixela software to have it work OK. A much better (and cheaper option) is to just use Firewire at both ends. If you don;t have a Firewire connection on your PC, you can buy it for under $20.

3. broc455

broc455 Regular member

hey dude neva mind i got USB 1.0 not 2.0 which is needed to run my USB thingo so anyway i'll prob jus but a firwire port or go to Kodak in town and they can extract the video for me in no time thanks anyways man