1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Computer Desktop Icon

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by DHua, Sep 11, 2007.

1. DHua

DHua Regular member

I accidentally deleted the My Computer Desktop Icon. How do I get it back. I don't want get a shortcut of it. I want the actual icon without that arrow on the bottom left of the icon. It said, after I randomly clicked enter to delete, to go to the Control Panel to restore it. Where do I go to restore it in the Control Panel? I use Windows XP Home Edition on a Dell Dimension 2400, if this helps.

Thanks

2. djcb

djcb Member

System restore you computer back to a different date before you accidentally deleted my computer (that is if you or the computer itself has created some restore points). start - all programs - accessories - system tools- system restore

3. DHua

DHua Regular member

Yes, I know about system restore. It doesn't work though. I have tried tons of different times to restore it to. After it restarts my computer, it says Cannot restore to restore point. How do I fix that?

4. AXT

AXT Guest

right click --> properties --> desktop -->customize desktop (at the bottom) under desktop icons check My Computer and apply.

5. DHua

DHua Regular member

WOW! Thanks a lot. It worked.