1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my computer has errors and runs slower since using net for downloads

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by PESH, Apr 16, 2005.

1. PESH

PESH Guest

hi peoples, my computer seems to run slower now once i've started to download from the net. do i format my computer and reload windows or is there an easier way to fix this problem,alot of error reports seem to pop up these days, i have norton anti virus which i use to protect my computer and it doesnt detect anything wrong, a friend suggested a program called errorguard but i dont know what that is or how to get it. much appriatated if you could help.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

3. haimback

haimback Regular member

hiya PESH
    sounds like the your computer has adware/spyware on it - this is common when downloading from the net and can be downloaded along with other programs without you knowing.Anti virus software will not detect ad/spyware.Formating your computer is the last resort as there as lots of tools/programs you can use.Have a look at this thread - it gives step by step guide to the programs you need and theres loads of good advice on there too.
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/128251
    Once you have the anti ad/spyware programs you should ran them at least once a week.
    Hope that helps

4. haimback

haimback Regular member

hey - just beat me to it ddp!

5. ddp

i know!!!

6. Liez4Love

Liez4Love Regular member

Do you normally run disc defrag, and disc clean up?

7. PESH

PESH Guest

sorry leiz 4love i dont know what disc clean up and disc drag are! thanks 4 your help guys much needed it seemed to have speeded up my computer, there were alot of file errors in which most were removed.
    thanks again to all..

8. thor999

thor999 Regular member

what is your operating system? usually disc defrag and clean up can be found by going to start>programs>accessories>system tools then you'll see both options. good idea to run both at least once a week. your problem is more than likely going to be the aforementioned causes, all good advice, also not bad idea to run a firewall, i understand there are some decent free ones available for dl. good luck

9. ddp

download & run ccleaner from www.ccleaner.com to clean the crap out of windows in place of disk cleanup!

Last edited: Apr 18, 2005