1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my computer is going dirt slow, it took 4 hours to restore

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by jaydee24, Oct 22, 2007.

1. jaydee24

jaydee24 Member

well I got a bit of a problem with my new pc I built, well it worked for a while until I tried to flash my xbox 360. After that I accidentally uninstalled by drivers for my Mobo, which is a nforce 590 sli. So I restored my pc and it took about 4 hours to put windows back on. So when I got windows back on it was going dirt slow and the sound is choppy, I thought it was my hard drive so I went out and bought another sata hard drive. And I just tried to restore windows again and I tried to partition the new hard drive but its still going slow. I have a amd 64 x 2 6000+ processor. And I have a geforce 7300gt graphics card. Someone please help me. Could it be the bios settings for the processor speed? Please help my computer is running like a laptop.

2. Zer0ink

Zer0ink Regular member

Check your RAM. Maybe a stick of it failed and your working on 128 or 256. Use the process of elimination.

Remove everything from the system that you can (Slaves, secondary CD, floppy etc) and do a clean install of the operating system.

3. Zer0ink

Zer0ink Regular member

oh ya sence your bios is in question clear your bios to default setting by removing battery and doing the jumper thing first.

4. jaydee24

jaydee24 Member

well the bios did change alittle i was goin in there and i turned my raids on and off. i have 2.5 gigs of ram right now(two 1 gig sticks and a 512 stick. i have two 250 gig sata hard drives in there. i ran spyware doctor, avg, and registry mechanic when i had windows on there before. i restored the computer again and it is taking entirely too long to reinstall windows. i mean it ran for 4 hours and it was just at 53%. someone told me you can change the speed of a processor in the bios, i'm thinking something got changed, i just don't know what it is.
    Edit/Delete Message

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

re-install your windows from scratch on the new hd as you have to much software corruption on the old hd.