1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My computer is having issues. HELP

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by apu72727, Sep 6, 2007.

1. apu72727

apu72727 Member

Hears how the story goes...

I started up my computer this mourning to do some last minute resaerch on my term paper. I turn it on and it goes onto a '98 style safe mode looking settings, Everything is big but everything is also on and funtioning. This has happened to me many time before and I normally just restart my computer properly (Start>Stut down>Restart) and when it comes back on it will be normal [No harm no foul][Until now I had gotten numb to the bimounthly occurance], but this time I restarted it via button on the tower because I was short on time and couldn't wait for it to fully start. When I comes back up, it goes to a "hard drive consistancy check"(blue screen[not blue sreen of death], shity color and resilution)...as it startes the countdown for you to cancel it, it'll freze at 6 and not go any further. The computer locks up and I can't do anything but shut it off via button. I need to know what is wrong and how to fix it. PLZ HELP.

All I did the day before was my normal routine(check mail, play warcraft[yes, warcraft], and do homework.). The only thing out of routine was me ripping a DIO CD on to Itunes(Oh yeah, I listened to music, also routine).

I have tried all the following: Safe mode(freezes at the start up screen where it lists all the files on the black background), Start up from "last know settings that worked"

I would try to run a Virus scan but I can't get my computer to get that far.

2. mikeh0303

mikeh0303 Regular member

you might want to get your hard drive in another computer, save the data, then reformat it and install the Os back on.

3. apu72727

apu72727 Member

No XP OS Disk...Heh