1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My computer is so screwed up

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by klemperal, Mar 15, 2007.

1. klemperal

klemperal Regular member

alright, I got AVG free virus protection, adaware, Spybot and ccleaner the other day because my computer has been acting strange i.e. "A File That Is Required to Run Search Companion Cannot Be Found". I ran all all these things and fixed/deleted what was suggested. The first problem I encountered was using house call because my internet goes down when I try to delete a certain spyware/virus. Another problem I'm having is with high jack. Apparently my dll files are screwed up so I can't analyze using the program. Should I just back up what I want to keep and reinstall windows? The problem I have with doing this, besides it being a pain, is how would I be sure that what I keep isn't infected in one way shape or form? Anyway, let me know what you think.

2. klemperal

klemperal Regular member

Anyone?

3. OnlyJosh

OnlyJosh Member

This is what i would do...

Back up all important files on a data disk.

Re-Install Windows

Once that is finished and runing. I would go and get this antivirus. Its called AVAST and its FREE. I love it. I never have ANY problems with virus or anything because if i download a virus this Antivirus will ALERT me right away.. So click this link to get it..
    http://www.avast.com/eng/download-avast-home.html

Once u download it and install it. You'll have to go back to this avast site. http://www.avast.com/eng/download-avast-home.html And LOOK where it says REGISTER IT in ORANGE font on the top of the page. Once u register it, You'll get a serial number for AVAST in your email. Then when u go to open avast up u can FULLY Install the program.

Another pogram i use and like alot is called XOFTSPY, But i dont know where to get a serial for that one. You'll have to search for that on your own if u want to use it. It finds alot of bad things such as Worms/Backdoors/Highjackers/And alot of other stuff.

Well thats all i can say as to help ya out.

Good luck!

4. revengine

revengine Regular member

Contact the good people at www.pctuneuppros.com and ask for Mark. They will get you back up and running like new in no time.

5. revengine

revengine Regular member

Sorry didn't mean to bump, Josh has good advice too. I been using Avast for a while and it out performs Nortons by a mile.

6. klemperal

klemperal Regular member

alright, thanks for the advice. One more question though. How can I be sure that the programs/files I back up are not infected/corrupted? If they were, and I backed everything up and reinstalled windows as suggested, then the problem would be bound to repeat itself.

7. klemperal

klemperal Regular member

Well after all that and reinstalling windows it turns out that the userimages.bitmap created by nero burning rom is actually a bug in nero, not my computer. It took me a decent amount of digging to find this out--but maybe I was just looking in the wrong places. On the bright side doing a reinstall was good for my computer and I got to dump a lot of useless crap

8. revengine

revengine Regular member

Good decision.