1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My computer keeps restarting, I'm scared

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by snowfun87, Jul 23, 2017.

1. snowfun87

snowfun87 Newbie

Hi, it is my first time here and I hope it is the last related to problems [​IMG]
    So here's what happened: I was using 3DMark software to check if my PC could get some medium results so I tried the API one and the Cloud Gates to test the gpu and all, but when it was close to the end, the screen got glitchy and the PC turned off, after that it kept restarting and restarting in a loop,I've tried restoring it but nothing seems to work, when it is going to show the WIN10 login screen it restarts again.

PC SPECS:
    AMD RADEON R7 265
    AMD FX 4300
    Corsair CX500
    2x 4GB HYPERX FURY DDR3
    Please help me, I don't know what to do and I hope to not have to buy another PC as my country's price is pretty high on the technology sector

Also, there's two green stripes at the sides of the screen(it is not the HDMI, I've tested).
    I think it may be my graphics card.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

does the motherboard also have onboard video?

3. ronhondo732

ronhondo732 Member

4. Mez

Mez Active member

Your testing has broken your computer.

The reason why the video is important is if you have a problem there you might not see memory test results. If you can see the logo you must have at least limited video.

I suspect you may need a new disk. It may just need to be formatted and windows reinstalled. I would just buy a new HD and then restore your computer. Hopefully you have a backup of your important files. If you have made an disk image I would use that and save the $50 for the restore disks.
    https://www.restoredisks.com/

Why were you testing? That might provide a clue as to what broke.

aldan likes this.
  5. aldan

aldan Active member

couple of things to try,and just shooting in the dark here.first,on shutdown unplug the psu and hold the power button down for 10 seconds or so.then try rebooting.if that doesnt work,shut down and remove the cmos battery for a couple of minutes,then try again.kind of old hardware to be stressing like that.if you have onboard video on your motherboard try connecting your monitor to it and see if it boots.if not try borrowing a gpu,

6. Mez

Mez Active member

How could the OP try a system restore if there was no display? I suspect killing the BIOS will make it worse. The disk will not be recognized. I have seen this a few times before. The testing/fixing removed some malware and this is what happens when you do. The computer can't read the hard disk without the malware because it was rewritten using an off set. You could try formatting the disk but this type of malware leaves enough in the firmware to re-infect the computer when it get up and running again. This malware was discovered about 5 years ago and the only cure is to trash the disk.

Here is a link
    https://www.kaspersky.com/blog/equation-hdd-malware/7623/
    The lie is it isn't rare or expensive but dam near impossible to detect so they can get away with the lie. You need to be as gullible as 99.999% of the population of the world to believe a highly infectious and unstoppable malware will be rare.
    I found it on my computer at about when this was written. Remember DVDXbox? I bet that is what he had. He had the warning signs. Any external drives or USBs will also be infected and are equally impossible to detect. I would guess your computer is also infected. Why wouldn't it be or do you have superior defenses than the thousands of banks and high security government networks known to have been infected by this?

Actually
    means you need to destroy the disk to destroy the malware.

7. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

I would say the hard drive is good but windows is corrupted by the videocard testing failure. does the motherboard have onboard video as I stated before?