1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MY COMPUTER WONT RECOGNIZE MY PSP ON THE USB SETTING PLEASE HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by indiek, Feb 26, 2008.

1. indiek

indiek Member

HI MY PSP CANT BE RECOGNIZE ON MY COMPUTER AS I NEED THE COMPUTER TO ADD MY GAMES AND SHIT. WHEN I GO IN TO THE SETTING THE PSP AND ON USB IT COME UP AS ''PLEASE WAIT...'' AND IT DONT CHANGE. IS THERE ANY WAY I CAN FIX THIS PROBLEM. OR IS THERE ANOTHER WAY I CAN SEND GAMES TO THE MEMORY CARD OF THE PSP.

PLEASE HELP
  2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. Dr1ver

Dr1ver Regular member

if your running windows
    try going to the control panel on your pc and go to add hardware connect the psp to the pc and then click "yes I have already connected the hardware" then it should bring up a list of devices plugged into your pc in that list should be your psp. if it has a ! sign on it you will need to reinstall the drivers for your psp. if the psp is not shown on there then there is a problem with ether the fw, the usb cable or the usb hub on the psp.
    if it does not show up then try updating or downgrading your psp and see if that works or try a new usb cable.
    if all fails then it might be something to do with the usb hub on the psp but i dont think it is because it wouldnt have come up with being connected.

if your running it on a apple mac or a Linux pc then I cant help u soz

p.s dont do all your message in caps because some people get a bit eggy about it, I dont really care do some people do (just a word of warning :)
  4. psp_n0ob

psp_n0ob Regular member

are you using a fat or a slim? if it is a slim, try turning off the charge usb feature until you have sucessfully connected once. if that's not it, then you should be able to use a card reader the same way that you use the psp.
  5. indiek

indiek Member

hi and thanks for your replies:

- i have a fat psp
    - i dont have a memory card reader on my computer.

i went into control panel and that didn't solve any problems. when i put the usb into the computer if comes up as ''this device has malfunctioned bla bla bla'' but my usb mouse/ keyboard works fine. please help.

thanks
  6. GamerZ2

GamerZ2 Member

try different USB port,that should work for sure.r u using vista or xp by the way.
  7. Dr1ver

Dr1ver Regular member

does this message come up on the computer or psp.

if it comes up on the psp then the usb hub is broken
    if it comes up on the pc then try connecting it to another pc

if all fails you can buy a mem stick adapter which you plug into the usb port like this
  8. indiek

indiek Member

hi, all

- i have windows xp normal
    - i have tried different usb hubs (i have about 6 on me com)
    - and the error message comes up on the pc

i am running 3,71 mm3 cfw and i have even tried going accessing the com through the recovery mode.
  9. rickem

rickem Regular member

Reboot your computer!!!
  10. psp_n0ob

psp_n0ob Regular member

it's probably not a bad idea to reboot your psp too.
  11. indiek

indiek Member

Hi,
    i have norton go back on my computer and when i was able to connect the psp with computer i have restored back to that date ''yesterday''but that has still not resolved the problem!!!

i am not to sure about rebooting my psp but if i was i aint to sure i can do coz i cant connect to computer
  12. Dr1ver

Dr1ver Regular member

to reboot your psp all you have to do is hold the power buttom up until it flashes and then turn it back on. you could try installing the psp drivers they might have been deleted off your pc
  13. pwr0n

pwr0n Regular member

i had a similar malfunctioning issue with my mp3/usb player which i fixed by doing this:-

1. put your psp into usb mode.
    2. go to control panel, then device manager, scroll to "disk drive" and then right click on the psp usb device.
    3. click uninstall, then ok at the prompt.
    4. disconnect your psp's usb connection.
    5. and finally plug it back in again, and that should start the installing of the required drivers again.

disclaimer - i take no responsibilty if this adds more to your problems instead of fixing them.
  14. indiek

indiek Member

hi,
    rebooted me psp but still no luck.

please help
  15. indiek

indiek Member

hi,
    just done this but still same problem but thats for trying to help!!!
  16. pwr0n

pwr0n Regular member

17. Dr1ver

Dr1ver Regular member

try this program see if it recognises your psp. i dont think it will but its worth a try. i suggest though try connecting the psp to another computer and see whether it comes up with the same message. also have you try connecting the flash0,1 drives to the computer to see if they work. if they do then it might be your memory stick because the psp is like a big card reader and if the card is corrupt the it cant connect to the pc. so try formatting the card on the psp and checking if it is fake or not (do this by pressing triangle on the mem card and the info and then look to see if it says magic gate supported

this should fix it thinking about it
  18. juniR

juniR Guest

I have installed USBhost drivers on one of my machines. This enables me to run games and software that's stored on my PC using the USB cable. eg. I can run a lot more stuff than I can store on the PSP just by hooking up to that computer. However, it does not recognise my PSP in normal USB mode. The PSP is recognised by other computers as usual and I've no real need to worry about it myself.

I'm just saying this because maybe it explains your issue. It may not necessarilly be the same issue but I think it's a driver problem. Just uninstalling the device using the device manager won't necessarily fix it because it will automatically find the same drivers for the device if they are still there on your PC.

Try another computer - if it connects up then I'd say it's a driver problem on your PC.
  19. indiek

indiek Member

i download that program but i cant work it with all that jap language

please help
  20. Dr1ver

Dr1ver Regular member

have you tried formatting the memory card or trying another memory card
  21. blaze5007

blaze5007 Guest

i am having the same problem so if you find a way to fix yours plz help me. i have tryed everythimg except downgrading so plz give me feed back