1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Console Evolution video

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by Anthogno, Dec 25, 2007.

1. Anthogno

Anthogno Member

Last edited: Dec 25, 2007
  2. yimmmy

yimmmy Regular member

that vid is NASTY COOL
    you prove MANY points
    . cool

3. saltynuts

saltynuts Guest

Dud that video rocks and your right its all good.

4. dazila

dazila Regular member

I dont belive the part about the Cell being the same as the Tri Core, The cell is much much much more flexible then the other one, Xbox 360's GPU is for that reason a bit higher powered then the Ps3's but the reason is the Cell can be allowed to do as much work as it can with whatever is free to help the GPU with its work.
    You Just wrote stuff Up you dont understand fully.
    You used a 360 port to show the difference? How does that even explain anything, It hasnt been even designed for the cell.
    Try running a game Like Gran turismo 5 on a 360 at 1080p?,
    360 is limited by its 8.5gb maxumim disc space which is why Im worried about GTA IV since its designed for it and its such a big game,
    You Show 2 Faults but you dont say how much of the consoles are affected by it? That would be interesting :p
    Microsoft Got threatend to be sued about 50 times because of stupid faults caused by overheating and CHeap Heatsinks, and this still happends its why Microsoft repairs 360's after the warranty and Warranty is 3 years now, Ps3 has hardly any faults its rate is about 4% of all consoles have broken.
    ANother point is that a developer I really dont know which one but one that develops for both consoles I found a link in Gamespot forums but he said that at the moment Developers are using 96% of 360's Power and They are using about 40% of Ps3's power so really most Ps3 games match 360 games in quality but the Ps3 is using less then half its power to do the same work so that is the diffenrce, Look at Drakes Fortune Naughty Dog stated the game uses about 30-40% of Ps3's Power and look at the game how detailed and smooth it is.
    Im just saying when a game is coded designed for Ps3 and work and effort is put in the Ps3 does beat the 360 but you cant put a 360 port on a ps3 and compare its not designed for it, and quality just purely goes to Sony this time since there anrent so many problems and faults, Quality Im noy gona lie but I think the newer Fat Ps2's when they started being made in China (SCPH-50002) I think, They just were poor in quality well mine at least I got it for Xmas 03 lasted 3 weeks until the disc slot jumped out, then got a new one lasted a year TV remote (Small one) fell on drive while it was open and it went slow afterwards and a thing cracked by a small tv remote falling on it from about 30cm above, then I chipped it and the guy told me the laser was near dead when he chipped it. Just From Playing Originals! from about Jan 2004-Mar 2006 and I chipped it worked but it didnt boot discs right away, 1 month later the drive jumped out again only this time I was annoyed and I showed it back in, then about 3 weeks later it just stopped reading discs, took it to get it fixed and it wasnt the laser which I still belive it was and I bought a new Slim (SCPH-75002) and it still works even though its been ALOT of backups nearly everysingle games its played has been a backup so Im not lying because I will admit when something sucks no mater what brand (In terms of quality)
    And 360 is pretty poor quality.

5. yimmmy

yimmmy Regular member

wow thats along post :)

6. Anthogno

Anthogno Member

Dazila,
    Its obvious that you are pushing Playstation towards the finnish line. I dont have 360. In fact, i have PS3. But even to me its clear that u developed some kind of hate to Microsoft. Yes, 1/3 consoles were packed with bad designed Cooling Fan and connection clips. And its sad, it caused a lot of frustration and hate, but problems are solved long time ago and the fact is that XBOX has far greater collection of excellent games. It has them NOW and had them for atleast a year. And that is the only factor that should be considered. Its a GAMING CONSOLE for christ sake. They say that ps3 WILL have those and that games WILL come. But i want those NOW, and even if i wait, can u tell me 100% cenrtain that those games wont suck as much as Killzone 1 and Lair ?
    Actualy, the only exclusive game that can make me say: "yes i own PS3" is Ninja Gaiden. Still, i can name atleast 5 greater games on 360.
    I think that PS3 will never recover and beat 360. Just like Xbox1 couldnt beat PS2.

7. NinReznor

NinReznor Regular member

Damn! Use grammar much?

8. dazila

dazila Regular member

Im not pushing the Ps3, well maybe to try to show what it can do but All Im doing is stating the Obvious, that is why I used the Ps2 as an example of poor quality.
    Yes, I have heard that they have done some things against the 360 faults which is good but I have also heard that the Cooler and Heatsink are still higher quality in the Elite then the rest, that's good but, they should make quality even in the budget machines like the Arcade now or midrange Pro Package.
    Yes true 360 has more games but I doubt there are anygames on there that I would enjoy to me it really hasnt changed since the 6th Gen, about 90% of 1st parties kept their previous gen's console, the only games I might consider on 360 are Forza 2 and maybe project gotham, but Im not into Halo, Microsoft also lost Bungiee and Halo is gone so they also will have to find something, games wise I belive first party games count most and there is nothing really inbetween the two but I think it just comes down to game preffernce I know to me no game will match Gran turismo.
    But in terms of Power PS3 does win even developers have stated it's just that not many put effort.
    Just like the Wii people say it has poor graphics but when Nintendo Showed what it can do with Super Mario Galaxy people started wondering, Im even wondering if that Rumour spec list for the Wii is right After playing mario galaxy.
    This Gen's winner has to be the Wii since I also belive it is about the games not the looks as long as you have descent graphics.
    I own a Ps3 and Wii.
    But really if someone offerd me a 360 or if I were to get one I wouldnt really mind playing Forza 2, Im not gona throw or not touch a system because I dislike it.

9. yimmmy

yimmmy Regular member

i have to say some and most of the games on the xbox 360 are far better then some on the ps3 . i cant realy say that because i mostly play demos on the ps3 the only games i own for it are cod4 and ut3 and a bunch of movies. wich is another Great feature the blu ray .
    i mostly got the ps3 to run folding home . its been going for about 10 days now and the ps3 isnt evan getting Hot!
    i left my 360 on over night and the sucker gave me the rings.!
    ive gone threw 2 of them already not say that i wouldnt get another one or get it fixed because it is a good console its jut cheap.

10. Anthogno

Anthogno Member

You must have very successful parents if you own both and dont want to repair xbox