1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Copied DVD'S wont read in the burner

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by defAUS, Feb 5, 2005.

1. defAUS

defAUS Member

I have just bought a LiteOn Burner SOHW-1653S. I have had no problems in backing up my music (MP3) & other files/data but when i go to open up my rom it comes up with insert disk into drive (And yes the disk is in the drive). I used nero 6 OEM and DVD+R disks and have tried finalising the disk and multi session
    disks and still nothing. If anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2005
  2. keithro70

keithro70 Guest

Try -R, or a different brand of blank dvd. What brand are you using? will the dvd play in your stand alone dvd player? What program did you use to back the dvd up?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2005
  3. leia176

leia176 Member

Also, can you see if there are actually files burned onto the disk with Windows Explorer. They would be the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders with various .vob, .ifo files etc.

Does the size of the burned copy agree with the original.

Also do you have a dvd player installed on your computer?

4. defAUS

defAUS Member

I bought cheap DVD+R the brand is UL-Tran Meadia 8X. I will try DVD-R but LiteOn have it as able to record on DVD+R/-R/RW & dual layer etc. also i only just bought a 50 pack of +R. I used Nero 6 OEM.

I am only backing up data & my music and they are well under the recording limit.
    It just comes up with insert disk into drive so can not compare size. Also i have PowerDVD to play dvds.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2005
  5. hursty

hursty Active member

if using cheap relatively unknown dvd you may try updated your firmware

6. colw

colw Active member

If you have an OEM version of Nero, it is likely that some of the DVD burning functions will be disabled.

Try d/l a fully functioning trail version from the Nero website.

7. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

defAUS

What program did you use to backup your movies?

Was it a version of DVDxCopy?

If it was, then even if you burned with DVD-R media, it will not work on some, and I say some DVD players. In the old days, my collection of movies burned with Platinum DVDxCopy would work on three of my PC's but not on my wifes Dell Laptop. Burning or re-burning with DVD Shrink corrected this and they play on everything including the laptop.

I've used DVD Shrink, DVD Decrypoter, and of course AnyDVD for months with no problems.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2005
  8. defAUS

defAUS Member

Thanks guys it is working now. I downloaded the trial version as suggested and copied on a low speed and hooray a dvd that works.