1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my damn HDD is driving me nuts!!!

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by mowner, Jan 10, 2005.

1. mowner

mowner Guest

i have a maxtor sata 120 GB hard drive today i was surfing the internet and sudenly i head "TICKS" sounds coming from my hard drive and then i got a message "Disk failed <channel 0> <master 0>" then my computer stopped responding and i had to press the reset button.... and then when i rebooted it ,, b4 windows to boot Check disk showed up then it verified the indexes and all when the verifiying thing finished the computer stopped responding again.. so i pressed reset another time and this time i cancelled the check disk and my computer seemed to run fine .. but i feel it like unstable because it freezes up many times im wrting to u guys from this PC hoping for it to not freeze up.
    The error message was "Disk failed <channel 0> <master 0>" this might be hardware problem ? thnx for help!!

p.s i have Xp sp1 and all updates are there i have antivirus and checked up no virus was there.

Thnx for ur suggestions

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2005
  2. wdowsing

wdowsing Regular member

sounds like your hdd is going going... almost gone.

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

2nd that!!

4. mowner

mowner Guest

What do mean by "almost gone" so the problem is serious more suggestions! thnx

5. wdowsing

wdowsing Regular member

well it would surprise me if it last very much longer at all to b honest

6. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

you might have hours maybe days but unlikely weeks before hd goes bye bye so better get it replaced or buy new one so MIGHT be able to pull info off old one than send in for replacement if still under warranty so that you'll have 2