1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Data Dvds arent working, any help.

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by huerta, Feb 24, 2007.

1. huerta

huerta Guest

I just reformatted my computer yesterday. But Before that I needed to backup all the stuff I had on my computer. I had around 20 gigs worth of Music, Media, Documents, Apps and so forth. I wasn't quite sure on how to back it up on DVD's so I googled and someone said make an Iso out of your data and then burn it to a dvd. So I did just that.

I used MagicISO to make the ISO's with my files and then I burned the ISO's to DVD.

Then today I tried to extract the files and such but all the DVD's are showing up as blanks. All of them. I tried MagicISO, ISO Buster, and even DVD Decrypter to try and get my data.

Is there something I did wrong. Is all my data gone. Please help.

2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

odd one?

were the files showing on old setup after burning or didnt you check dvdr's?

3. huerta

huerta Guest

Yeah I checked twice on all the discs.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2007
  4. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

have you installed all the drivers from the motherboard disc after your fresh install? have you loaded ASPI layer for your cd-rom drives? if not do it, you may see the files then?

5. huerta

huerta Guest

Thanks rotary, when you mentioned the drivers I forgot that I needed to install them again, I couldn't find the disc but I called a support hotline for my DVD Drive and he sent me an email with the drivers I needed and I got all my data back. Problem solved.

6. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

good one - welcome to AD.