1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My desktop background dissappeared

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by aswanson, Jan 26, 2007.

1. aswanson

aswanson Member

My desktop background (wallpaper) disappeared.

A red "X" in my toolbar said my computer was infected. That is when it dissappeared.

I updated my anti-virus and spyware, and removed whatever came up.

Now, every few timse I turn on the computer, the following note pops up:

C:\Documents and Settings\Gr.... Win32/Oneraw!generic File Deleted
    C:\Documents and Settings\Gr.... Win32/Oneraw!generic File Infected

Also, EVERY time i turn on or restart my computer, the following note pops up:

Windows cannot find "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Folders\ibm00015.exe" make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again. to search for a file, click the start button and then click search.

I tried that, but I have no idea what I'm even searching for. Can you please advise me of what I can do? I'm not very computer literate, and I don't want to spend money on fixing this, but I do use my home computer for work, and I want it to be safe to use, and I would like the background to be fixed.

Thank You!

2. bkf

bkf Guest

By chance did your antivirus software make a log file of what it deleated / fixed and do you know the names of the things it fixed? These logs are so important. Also what anti programs did you use?
    Empty out your temp files. There is one in c:/windows and the one in c:/documents and settings/your user name/local settings/temp. You won't be able to delete the index.dat file though but that is ok for the moment. It is also likley it now lives in you system restore files but the online scan will tell you what to do. Read carefully.
    The good news is does not appear to be very harmfull.

Here is some info on your infection. Also likley you still have one or more others.
    http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/virusencyclo/default5.asp?VName=TROJ_SPYWAD.V

This link above will also tell you how to get your backround back.

Here is a very long list of the oneraw family of trogens
    http://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/virusinfo/virus.aspx?ID=47587

Trend house call may be able to spot it and fix it. Follow trends instructions for removal.

Panda on-line scan or kaspersky on-line scan are other options that are free to use. There are others the good virus fighters in here will ask you to use. Im still learning.

This really should be moved to the virus forum for better support :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2007