1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My disc drive wont stay closed, Help!!!

Discussion in 'DVD-ROM drives' started by gumball82, Jul 10, 2010.

1. gumball82

gumball82 Member

Ok so I have an emachines desktop,(probably my problem right there) and it has worked fine till last night. I was messing around with some ISO files and Hard Drives last night, anyway long story short, my disc drive popped open and now I cant get it to stay closed for anything. I manually shut it, two seconds later it pops right back open. It wont read discs which is a big problem for me because im trying to reinstall a fresh copy of windows on it, but in boot up menu it wont read my disc cause the tray wont stay closed..... :/ I heard it could be a malware script of some sort, not sure but I need some help, if you have any suggestions, I would appreciate it!!!

2. attar

attar Senior member

If you powered down the PC and took the cover off you could disconnect the data cable from the drive (leaving the power cable on).
    Power up and see if the drive still acts up.

3. Kevi

Kevi Member

If your drive load dvd, cd and games whn u hold the drive in that mean that its a mechnical problem and i recommend that you loose down the drive take out the tay and put it back what might be better is to take the entire drive apart in peice clean it out clean the lens and assembly it back
    if the dirve reading dvd and cd but not game thn that a firmware problem if you have flashed your fimrware already try reverting to the orignal and then updating back to the newest firmware if u want the hacked firmware on it if u don't want the hacked firmware just use the original.

Portable Hard Drives | Desktop Hard Drives