1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my dms4 pro

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by nixville, Dec 3, 2004.

1. nixville

nixville Member

hey I recently bought a dms4 pro and had it installed. I found out that I needed the bios upgrade to play backup games. The problem is when I burn the bios upgrade onto a cd-r and boot it on my ps2 all that comes up is the "please insert a playstation or playstation2 format disc." Therefore I cannot load the bios upgrade! what do I do?

2. crashxx

crashxx Member

Don't know the answer to your question, but I was curious what BIOS are you using? I have a DMS4 Pro that will be here monday. I plan on using the TOXIC Bios. If you want a link to where you can download it let me know.

3. help-meee

help-meee Member

hey if i use nero start smart to burn a game to dvd like it is a normmal dvd does it work and will the copy then work on a ps2 without a mod chip

4. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

Try to keep your posts to one thread, rather than 3 or 4.

And yes, burning a game to dvd works fine. And if you do not have a modchip, you need something like SwapMagic to boot your backups.

5. Djsplyce

Djsplyce Member

Do you have the link to load the TOXIC bios? It's not on the DMS4 Website and I was told that the TOXIC BIOS was for the DMS3 + DMS3 PLUS modchips, which DMS technologies (The chips manufacturer)states that the bios/software on the DMS3 series chips is not compatible with...

6. bboy_flex

bboy_flex Regular member

The reason why you might be getting a "please insert a playstation 2 original disc" is because of the way you have to boot up the firmware. I know that the only way to flash my infinity chip is to put the disc in, put it on standby, and then press and hold the reset button until the blue eject light flashes. Then the disc is booted up.

7. crashxx

crashxx Member

8. ozzy1

ozzy1 Regular member

I got toxic os on emule only 1.8mb

9. nixville

nixville Member

alright thanks for the info guys ill try and do what you said. if any new info comes up please reply