1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My DVD Burner and +RW's

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Puner, Jun 4, 2007.

1. Puner

Puner Member

Hello afterdawn,

I got a little problem with my DVD burner. The problem is that it wont burn DVD+RW's but it does burn DVD+R, CD-R, and CD-RW.

This is my burner

As you can see the format IS supported, but i dont know what is going on.

I have heard that this type of drive is not very good and a lot of people are not happy with it, but as you can see some people ARE.

2. dizzyduck

dizzyduck Regular member

I would check one of two things. Make sure you have the latest firmware for your burner and check the DVD+RW media that you are using. Sometimes low quality media has a hard time being recognized by certain burners. I recommend Verbatim media. I have been using Verbatim for about three years and not one coaster, including DVD+RW media. Hope this helps!

3. Puner

Puner Member

Well i updated the firmware before posting this thread, and the brand is Sony :)

4. JoeRyan

JoeRyan Active member

See if you can find the MID code for the Sony DVD+RW discs. If the code is not recognized (and Sony is not one of the brands "recommended" by Samsung on the web site whose link you provided), then the discs won't work no matter how good they are. You may have to buy only those brands listed or the brands that use the manufacturers who are listed (CMC, Ritek, Taiyo Yuden, and Prodisc are a few examples of the manufacturers).