1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My DVD burner is not reconizing my DVD-R

Discussion in 'PS2' started by wvff525, Mar 4, 2004.

1. wvff525

wvff525 Member

I was trying to back up a PS2 game and I was using DVD Decrypter. when I switched to ISO write mode and selected all my burn speed etc. I inserted the disc and it would let me start burning it. At the bottem of DVD Decrypter it says "Medium not present" What does this mean? And my other burn program doesn't reconize the DVD-R disc either. under the properties for my drive it says the drive is working o.k. Could it be my media? I'm using Maxell DVD-R 4.7GB, they have a pink or red bottem. They are for 4x drives. Mine drive is an 8x but that shouldnt matter should it? As long as I set my burn speed to 1x it should be fine right? Please help. I think I go out and get a different type of media and see if it does the same thing. Any info would be a big help thank you.

2. PS2Gamer

PS2Gamer Regular member

First set of questions:
    Do you have a DVD-R Burner or a DVD+R burner?
    Or Do you only have a CD Burner?

If you have DVD-R Media and only a DVD+R Burner it won't recognize the Unsupported Media, Same thing if your using it in a CD Burner

3. account

account Guest

i have also heard that in some dvd burners they can't reconize certian brands of media i would suggest trying to get a different brand of media.

4. wvff525

wvff525 Member

o.k. I got it figured out. My Dvd drive is a combo drive and will not burn on DVD-R's only on DVD+R's. Being that my computer is less than a month old I called Dell and worked out a deal to trade DVD burner drives. I made sure the new one would burn both DVD-r and DVD+r. So now all I have to do is wait for the new drive to show up and install it. Thanks for the suggestions guys.