1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My DVD player won't read...all of a sudden...

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jeffs_76, Nov 9, 2004.

1. jeffs_76

jeffs_76 Member

I hope someone can shed some light on this problem as I've tried everything and can't figure this out...
    I have a Panasonic F65 Progressive Scan DVD player (bought it about a year ago) that has suddenly decided to stop playing all my DVD -R backup media.
    Now, it was playing it all fine up until about a week ago. It only seems to not play a specific brand of media...all the other brands work fine...but I know it was playing that brand up until last week!
    I've tried restoring the factory settings...nothing. I've tried unplugging the unit for over 12 hours and still nothing.
    Has anyone got any suggestions? I really like this player and don't relish the thought of having to purchase another one just to play my backups.
    Any help is greatly appreciated,
    Thanks!

Jeff

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi Jeff,

The only thing I can think of to suggest it a laser lens cleaner OR perhps some canned air to see if t5he lens is dirty.

I assume it's a standalone player ?

A Cyber-Home player is only about $39.00 (USD) and may go on sale the day after Thanksgiving - Last year I got mine for $24.99 and it plays everything -

Cheers,

Pete

3. jeffs_76

jeffs_76 Member

Thanks very much. I'll try that tonight :)