1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my dvd videos are too big for my tv screens.

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by ucdawg12, Sep 5, 2004.

1. ucdawg12

ucdawg12 Member

this is the 2nd dvd video I have created in which the whole picture does not fit on my screen, I have tried on 2 different tvs and dvd players, a big screen and small screen and its the same result both times. I have tried adjusting the settings on my tv, but no matter what it will always clip the perimeter of the video. I am trying to create a dvd that has subtitles on it so its important I get the entire picture because the subtitles are getting cut out. The thing is, on my pc the picture is fine, nothing is cut out but the dvd players dont react the same way. Is this a problem I can fix? I really dont get why its doing this...

2. jigi

jigi Member

Iam having same problem ckd software dev but no solution need help also

3. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Pretty much all editing apps and computer displays show a lot bigger picture than what your TV will display. A lot of editing and authoring apps have a "TV safe" overlay that will show where and how things will look on your TV. Look for this in your editing program and apply it.

Neither one of you mentioned what programs you were using.